Recipe: Zucchini Cakes
Crispy, savory, comfort food that is healthy for you! These zucchini cakes are easy and you won’t believe how amazing they taste! This recipe was developed from an over zealous zucchini purchase at the farmers market. A little of this & that and holy cow we struck gold with this veggie friendly side dish! If you like a potato pancake give this protein packed recipe a try.
Total Time:30 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 2 zucchinis peeled & grated
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1- green onion/scallion chopped fine
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped fine (white is fine too)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoon fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- (Sauce Ingredients)
- 1 small container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley minced (could use dry but I prefer fresh)
- Pinch chili powder
- Pinch cayenne powder
- Pinch of garlic salt
- Siracha chili sauce (optional & spicy!)
- Use a cheese grater and shred the zucchinis on the larger holes. Then use a kitchen towel or paper towel and gently squeeze them to removed excess water then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in all the other ingredients aside from the olive oil and gently fold together. The mixture should be moist but stick together like when making a crab cake.
- Heat a frying pan on med-high heat and warm the 2 tbsp olive oil in the pan. Use a tablespoon and place 4 scoops into the pan and flatten gently into a pancake shape.
- Allow to brown 3 minute per side.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and top each cake with 1 tsp of sauce and a sprig of parsley or serve on the side. Siracha chili sauce is a great add on if you like spice.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 8 gram(s)
Fat: 3 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 12 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Chris Freytag