Name: Chris Freytag
A little about me: Hi, I’m Chris Freytag, founder of Get Healthy U. As an ACE Certified Personal Trainer, Health Coach, Fitness Instructor and author, it’s been my mission for 20+ years to help others experience what it means to be healthy, feel good, and love life.
I discovered at a young age that movement simply made me feel good, and I’ve been a fitness addict ever since. After seeing countless people get stronger, eat cleaner, and become happier as a trainer and coach, I firmly believe you can transform your body—and your mindset—at any age. That’s why I created this site: to bring you fitness and nutrition tips, healthy living inspiration, and practical strategies to become your most fit self.
But I’m also a realist. While I truly believe it’s never too late to transform your body, I’ll never blow smoke and promise you “six pack abs in 10 days” or “A J-Lo butt by June.” To make up for the lack of BS, I provide top-notch, practical advice and motivation that works. And lasts.
Just ask my lifelong fans.
I have folks who’ve been following me for 20+ years with phenomenal results. The way some of them fit in their jeans, glow in their skin, or radiate self confidence speaks for itself. But they’ll gladly tell you: I’m great at getting you to make lasting change.
We’re talking habits that keep you looking and feeling incredible, but don’t control your life. If that idea lights you up, you’re going to like it here. (And you are going to love my team of writers and health professionals that make up Get Healthy U.)What qualifies me to help you?
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Certified Health Coach
- ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- YogaFit Certified
- Pilates Trained Mat and Reformer
- ACE Board of Directors -Emeritus Member
- Author of 7 books, dozens of fitness DVDs
- I live in Minneapolis with my husband of 25 years. We have 3 grown kids ages 23, 21, and 18!
- I graduated from the University of Wisconsin (go Badgers!) in 1987 with a degree in Journalism and continued passion for fitness.
- I’ve been doing the Motivation Monday segment on KARE 11 NBC in the Twin Cities for over 10 years, spent 10 years on Home Shopping, and love being on TV (and watching it!)
- I teach 8 live group fitness classes a week to an amazing group of people. We pack the gym at Life Time Fitness and sweat it out together doing intense, fun, and engaging workouts.
I’m mildly obsessed with sharing all I know with all of you. I want to help you get healthy and feel beautiful because you take care of yourself and not because of your dress size. At 50 years old, I do know the struggles of fighting against nature. I don’t love the grey hairs, wrinkles and aging skin, but I love and appreciate my body more now than in the past. I am okay with my imperfections and feel good about who I am. And I’m here to help you feel great in your own skin and live your healthiest life.
Latest Posts by Chris Freytag: