Recipe: Grilled Caesar Salad
This Caesar salad recipe is a fun twist on the classic version. Great as an entree with some grilled fish or chicken on top. I use my homemade rub recipes on chicken or seafood, and grill along with the romaine hearts. Make extra dressing for the next day, it will last 3-4 days refrigerated and it’s amazing!
Total Time:20 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts
- 4 lemon wedges for garnish
- Croutons of your choice (not included in nutritional info)
- Dressing makes 1/2 cup
- 3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (reserve 4 tablespoons for the top of the salads when finished)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (reserve 1 tablespoon for grilling Romain hearts)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 splash worcesteshire sauce sauce (can omit if you don't have it)
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tespoons Dijon mustard
- Wash and dry 4 Romain hearts (leave the stump on the heart for grilling) then coat them all lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil so they don't stick to the grill.
- Mix all the ingredients under dressing (reserving some olive oil and parmesan cheese as indicated) in a food processor until blended and creamy about 1 minute.
- Clean off and heat the grill. If you are grilling a protein do that in advance and save the Romain hearts for last. Grill the Romain hearts 3 minutes per side and watch them carefully. You want nice grill marking and flavor but the lettuce can burn.
- Remove the hearts from the grill, cut the stump off the Romain hearts and either plate as in in long strips or chop up like a typical salad. Drizzle with homemade dressing and sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Lemon wedge on the side can be used for additional lemon flavor.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 5 gram(s)
Fat: 9 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 6 gram(s)
Sugar: 1 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U