Recipe: Grilled Salmon Topped with Peach Salsa
The peach salsa is the star of this dish! The combination of the sweet. fresh peaches and the savory grilled fish will have you coming back to this recipe again and again.
Sometimes it can be difficult to come up with new ways to prepare salmon that are both tasty and healthy. Many recipes call for a decedent lemon butter sauce, which although delicious, it’s not low in calories.
The versatility of the peach salsa makes this a recipe one you’ll want to keep in your back pocket for seasonal weeknight dinners or the star of an impressive (but easy!) dinner party menu. You could also make this salsa as an appetizer with tortilla chips, as well as topping for other fish or pork meals.
Peach salsa is less acidic than regular salsa but really adds a beautiful, mild kick of flavor to the savory salmon for a heart-healthy, Omega-3-rich meal that tastes fresh and light.
How to Make the Peach Salsa
In a mixing bowl, combine iced peaches, yellow onion, red bell pepper, fresh cilantro, honey, lemon juice, salt, and olive oil. Tossing well, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour. This gives all the flavors time to combine.
How to Make the Salmon Marinade
Wisk together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, thyme (dry or fresh), allspice, salt, and pepper in a breaking dish. Place your salmon fillets in the dish and cover with marinade. Refrigerate for at least a half-hour.
How to Grill the Salmon
Lightly oil a grill or grill pan and set to high heat.
Grill marinated salmon 5-7 minutes on each side, cooking until the fish is easily flaked with a fork.
What to serve with Peach Salsa Salmon
You can really change the presentation of this dish by serving it on either a bed of greens as a show-stopping salad (the peach salsa serves as the dressing!) or place it on a scoop of rice if you want your dish to be a little more filling (my husband’s personal preference).
You can also try serving this peach salsa salmon with any of these side dishes:
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- Peach Salsa
- 2 peaches, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grilled Salmon
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all peach salsa ingredients, tossing well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut salmon into 4 filets and remove skin, if desired. (You can also ask the grocery store's seafood department to do this for you.)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining Grilled Salmon ingredients to create a marinade. Toss salmon in marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil a grill, indoor grill or a grill pan and set to high heat.
- Grill marinated salmon 5-7 minutes on each side, cooking until the fish is easily flaked with a fork. Serve topped with a generous portion of the Peach Salsa.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 38 gram(s)
Fat: 23 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 14 gram(s)
Fiber: 1 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U