Recipe: Roasted Delicata Squash
This roasted delicata squash recipe is so simple and is an absolutely perfect snack or side dish. If you haven’t tried delicata squash before, this is your chance. This easy-to-make recipe accentuates the natural flavor of the squash for a perfect fall flavor.
We like sprinkling the squash with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and pumpkin pie spice, but you can try whatever you like!
Total Time:30 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 1 delicata squash
- Olive or coconut oil (if using coconut oil, make sure it's melted in liquid form)
- Salt and pepper
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the squash thoroughly. You do not need to remove the skin; it is edible and delicious!
- Cut off each of the ends and slice down the middle the long way.
- Scoop out seeds and guts with a metal spoon.
- Cut into 1/2 inch half moons.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive or coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and additional spices.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip each of the pieces over to the other side.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 10 pieces
Protein: 1 gram(s)
Fat: 22 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 6 gram(s)
Fiber: 2 gram(s)
Sugar: 1 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Team Get Healthy U