Recipe: Italian Turkey Meatballs
Who doesn’t love a meatball? With pasta or as an appetizer these easy and healthy turkey meatballs are full of protein and flavored with Italian seasoning and herbs to give them tons of flavor. These baked meatballs are super juicy and moist, plus it’s such an easy clean up with only one pan to clean.
How To Serve Turkey Meatballs
There are so many ways to serve these healthy turkey meatballs. Serve them as an appetizer with toothpicks and marinara dipping sauce. Serve them for a meal over spiralized zucchini or pasta. You can also serve them over mashed potatoes or just as a protein alongside vegetables. Everyone will go crazy for these amazing meatballs.
What Makes These Italian Turkey Meatballs Healthy?
These Italian turkey meatballs are healthy for a few reasons:
- High in Protein: Turkey meatballs are high in protein. These meatballs have 7 grams of protein per meatball.
- Low in Calories: Lower in calories than beef meatballs, these turkey meatballs only have 71 calories per meatball.
- Low in Fat: Ground beef has about 50% more saturated fat than ground turkey making ground turkey much lower in fat.
Turkey Meatball FAQ
Turkey meatballs will generally last in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Though we generally gobble ours up much sooner than that!
There are approximately 71 calories per meatball in this recipe.
Ground turkey has less fat and calories than ground beef making them a healthier alternative for those who are trying to reduce calories and fat.
Yes. You can use almond flour or coconut flour to replace breadcrumbs if you are gluten-free.
Absolutely! Turkey meatballs freeze well. We like to make a double batch batch, bake them, and then freeze half for later.
Other Healthy Meatball Recipes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 egg (cracked)
- 5 leaves fresh basil minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 a yellow onion minced fine or grated
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (any brand in spice isle)
- 3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a tablespoon make even sized meatballs and line up in a baking dish.
- Add 2 tbsp water at the bottom of the pan, and bake for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with a fresh tomato sauce, or whatever marinara you like. Garnish with fresh basil.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 3 meatballs
Protein: 22 gram(s)
Fat: 11 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 4 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Team Get Healthy U