Recipe: Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Sandwiches
I love using a slow cooker because on busy days you just set it and forget it! This recipe is so easy and the pork comes out tender and juicy every time! These BBQ sandwiches are filled with protein, and so delicious I started making twice the amount! You are just 4 steps away from a delicious meal everyone will love! Serve with Trader Joe’s Bold & Smoky Kansas City BBQ Sauce or try my homemade recipe Sweet and Sassy Reduced Sugar BBQ Sauce. We love serving the pork with our creamy bell pepper slaw as a crunchy side salad!
Total Time:365 minutes
Yield: 9 serving(s)
- 1-2 pork tenderloins approximately 3-4 lb.'s total
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large can chicken broth
- 6 whole grain sandwich buns
- 1 bottle of Trader Joe's Bold & Smoky Kansas City BBQ Sauce or sauce of your choice
- 4-6 qt slow cooker or large crock pot
- Place the sliced onion at the bottom of your crock pot and top with pork tenderloins.
- Sprinkle the seasoning onto the meat and add in chicken broth.
- Cover and set to low heat for 6-8 hours.
- The meat should fall apart and be ready to shred for sandwiches. Combine each serving of pulled pork with 2 tbsp BBQ sauce and spoon onto the bun. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Protein: 58 gram(s)
Fat: 11 gram(s)
*You need a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U