Recipe: Turkey Taco Fiesta Cups
Lunch Recipes, Poultry Recipes, Quick + Easy Meal Recipes, Sandwiches and Wraps Recipes
These turkey taco fiesta cups are a weekly favorite at my house! This healthy Mexican meal is also perfect for a dinner party or when entertaining because everyone can add their own toppings! Low carb, packed with protein and full of southwestern flavors, this low carb taco recipe is a hit! I’ve made my own taco seasoning for years and my family and friends prefer it to eating tacos out. My guacamole recipe is also a nice addition to this meal.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound(s) lean ground turkey 93%
- 1 head butter head lettuce
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic raw
- 1.5 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 spices paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups red peppers, cubed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed well
- 1 cup jicama, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup organic black beans rinsed
- Additional Topping Ideas
- Plain greek yogurt (substitute for sour cream)
- Fresh jalapeño pepper seeded
- Fresh salsa
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- Place oil, garlic, and onion in pan on medium heat & cook 2 minutes then add ground turkey.
- Brown ground turkey and add in all remaining spices, you may need to add 2 tablespoons of water if it the meat becomes too dry.
- Once meat is cooked, add to lettuce cups and top with vegetables and additional toppings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2
Protein: 46 gram(s)
Fat: 18 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 42 gram(s)
Fiber: 14 gram(s)
*I always have plain Greek yogurt (a healthy sub for sour cream), avocado, jalapeño, salsa, and shredded cheese as additional toppings!
From the kitchen of: Chris Freytag
Leave a Comment