Guacamole is a daily OBSESSION at my house! Avocados are a great source of heart healthy fat, vitamins & fiber. I’m always dip carrots and red peppers in my guac for a filling but healthy snack. This guacamole recipe is a great choice instead of high fat dips and chips when entertaining.
Everyone loves the fresh homemade flavor! Nothing goes better with guac than a fresh Margarita! Try my family recipe with less sugar that has just 6 simple ingredients: Sassy Skinny Margarita.
Plus a couple kitchen gadgets that help keep your guac fresh for longer – count me in!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 2 avocados, peeled
- 1/2 of a jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 a red onion chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4- 1/2 of a lime juiced (add to your liking)
- Minced garlic
- Garnish with some red tomato for color for serving
- In a bowl, add all ingredients.
- Using a potato masher, blend all the ingredients together to the consistency you like. Some like it chunky, others like it smooth. Feel free to play with the amount of salt, lime and garlic to work with your taste buds
- Scoop into a serving dish and serve with cut up veggies or chips!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 1 gram(s)
Fat: 8 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 6 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Barbara on February 29, 2016 at 8:12 PM
How much is one serving? What is the sodium content of a serving? I'd love to have the answer to these questions until then I will just have to look at this yummyness.
Chris Freytag on March 1, 2016 at 12:05 PM
A serving is approximately 1/2 cup. And there is 296 mg of sodium per serving. Hope that helps!