Recipe: Healthy White Chicken Chili (Easy Stove Top Recipe)
I love a rich and creamy bowl of white chicken chili. Unfortunately, most recipes include cream, butter, and tons of cheese as the base. That’s why I came up with this easy and healthy version of white chicken chili that is full of tasty goodness and none of the calories!
Every bite in this healthy white chicken chili recipe is creamy and rich just the way you like it, but a bowl of this chili is only 200 calories! This chili recipe is a snap to make as a weeknight dinner for your family, can easily feed a crowd on game day, and is absolutely delicious!
How To Make White Chicken Chili Healthy
To make your white chicken chili healthy you are skipping the high-calorie cheese and cream and using fresh ingredients. But don’t worry, this won’t change how creamy, delicious, and satisfying this chili will be. Here are my secrets to making this chili healthy:
Use White Beans and Cauliflower To Thicken The Soup
The first step in this recipe is to saute cauliflower, onion, and garlic together, remove and add to a food processor along with white beans. Pulse until it’s a fine pure adding a little chicken stock if you need to. This cauliflower and bean pure is going to act as your thickening agent and it will add a creamy texture to your white chicken chili.
Substitute Butter For Ghee
If you aren’t familiar with Ghee, you’ll want to! Not only is Ghee a superfood but it’s lactose-free and the best butter substitute! You’ll love the flavor and richness this adds to your white chicken chili.
More Healthy Chili Recipies To Try
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 1 rotisserie chicken or 4 cups chopped chicken meat
- 4 cans white northern beans
- 2 seeded and diced jalapeno (reserve 1 for garnish)
- 1/4 cup cilantro washed and diced (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- 1/2 a 4 oz can green chiles
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 cup cooked cauliflower
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup of sweet onion
- Add ghee to pot and saute chopped cauliflower, sweet onion and garlic until tender.
- Rinse one can of white beans and blend them in a food processor with the cooked cauliflower mixture until creamy smooth. Add a few tbsp water if necessary.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a large stock pot then brown onion, and jalapeno lightly.
- Pull the rotisserie chicken off the bone. Remove skin and bone and discard. Chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add chicken broth into the stock pot with browned veggies.
- Add all seasonings, green chiles, cilantro, and 3 cups rinsed white beans to the soup and cook on low.
- Add pureed and chicken. Mix until it's combined.
- Cover and cook on low 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, cheese or avocado..
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 6 servings
376 calories per serving, 20 grams fat, 44 grams protein, 21 carbs.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U