Recipe: White Chicken Chili
I love a rich and creamy bowl of white chicken chili. I was surprised to find that a lot of recipes use cream, butter, and tons of cheese as the base. I came up with this EASY and lighter version that is full of tasty goodness. Every bite is creamy and rich just the way you like it, but a bowl of this chili won’t blow your calories for the day. I used a few short cuts with this recipe like using a rotisserie chicken that cut the prep time in half. This recipe is also very tasty with turkey leftovers. My white chicken chili recipe is a snap to make, feeds a crowd, and is absolutely delicious!
Total Time:40 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 1 rotisserie chicken or 4 cups chopped chicken meat
- 4 cans white northern beans
- 2 seeded and diced jalapeno (reserve 1 for garnish)
- 1/4 cup cilantro washed and diced (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- 1/2 a 4 oz can green chiles
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a large stock pot then brown onion, and jalapeno lightly.
- Pull the rotisserie chicken off the bone. Remove skin and bone and discard. Chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add chicken broth into the stock pot with browned veggies.
- Add all seasonings, green chiles, cilantro, and 3 cups rinsed white beans to the soup and cook on low.
- Rinse the 4th can of white beans and blend them in a food processor until creamy smooth. Add a few tbsp water if necessary.
- Add pureed beans, chicken, and 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese into the chili until all ingredients are blended.
- Cover and cook on low 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, or jalapeno.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 6 servings
376 calories per serving, 20 grams fat, 44 grams protein, 21 carbs.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U