Recipe: Yes You Can Chocolate Cupcakes
It’s hard not to love a chocolate cupcake, but lots of times they’re loaded with preservatives and artificial additives. Not these! We use a box of Immaculate chocolate cake mix with all natural ingredients plus a can of pumpkin to keep these chocolate cupcakes moist and delicious without adding a ton of calories. And you can’t even detect any pumpkin when you eat them! Pumpkin is extremely high in antioxidants and beta-carotene, which can help regenerate cells in the body making pumpkin a tasty and effective “anti-aging” food. It’s smooth consistency helps keep these cupcakes moist without any added oil. Tested by my entire family these cupcakes area a winner and everyone will love them!
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 24 serving(s)
- 1 box Immaculate chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional Buttercream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces 70% (or higher) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners.
- In an electric mixer, beat chocolate cake mix, pumpkin, egg whites, and 1/2 cup water for 2 minutes to create a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared cupcake liners, filling them about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out mostly clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking, melt butter and dark chocolate together in a small saucepan until smooth, stirring constantly. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate 20-30 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove chocolate and whip with a hand held mixer for 2-3 minutes until fluffy. Lather buttercream over cooled cupcakes.
- Alternatively, for a lower calorie/lower fat frosting, scoop a few tablespoons of coconut butter from the center of the jar. Warm in the microwave for a few seconds and drizzle over cupcakes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Protein: 4 gram(s)
Fat: 6 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 25 gram(s)
Fiber: 2 gram(s)
Sugar: 14 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U