Recipe: Paleo Carrot Cake Protein Balls
This recipe is great if you need a filling snack or a satisfying post-workout protein boost. We love the spices in carrot cake—no matter what the season—which is what inspired us to create Carrot Cake Protein Balls that we could enjoy (practically) guilt-free. This recipe uses raw carrots, raisins, walnuts and dates to pack a powerful and sweet nutritional punch. For protein, we used grass-fed collagen, which is great for your hair, skin, nails and joints. If you’re vegan, just swap this out for your favorite plant-based protein powder.
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 12 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, peeled and minced
- 8 tablespoons (8 servings) collagen powder*
- 1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Shredded coconut for rolling
- Optional: dark chocolate chips, melted, for drizzling
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Chill batter-like consistency in the freezer for 30 minutes, or until stiff enough to form into balls.
- Form into 16 even-sized balls.
- Rolls balls in a shallow bowl of coconut shavings.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate (optional).
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Enjoy 2 at a time.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2 protein balls
Protein: 9 gram(s)
Fat: 7 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 41 gram(s)
Fiber: 5 gram(s)
Sugar: 30 gram(s)
*We love the Great Lakes Grass-Fed Collagen Protein in the green tub, which is the cold water soluble version. You can find this on Amazon and various health food online shops.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U