Recipe: Avocado Deviled Eggs
In my family, deviled eggs are a staple appetizer for easter and other holiday gatherings. I wanted to experiment with making a mayo-free version not only because it’s healthier for all of us but so my son who has allergies could partake in the party food along with everyone else.
Made with avocado instead of mayonnaise, this deviled egg recipe turns out just as creamy and delicious and everyone can enjoy them!
How to Make Deviled Eggs Without Mayo
Some people are allergic to the ingredients in mayo and some simply want a healthier deviled egg recipe with an alternative. Either way, I recommend using avocado as your alternative.
Greek yogurt and hummus are both popular alternatives but I think the greek yogurt makes the deviled eggs too tangy and the texture of the hummus just doesn’t do it for me. I love avocado in this recipe because of its creamy texture and its neutral taste.
How To Make Avocado Deviled Egg
- Start by hard-boiling your eggs in a saucepan.
- Cover eggs with water so it’s just over the top of them
- Bring water to a boil
- Let water boil for 1 minute
- Turn off heat, cover, and let them sit for 7-10 minutes (depending on how ‘hard’ you want the yoak)
- Run eggs under cool water to peel the shells. Don’t forget to use this trick to make them easy to peel.
- Cut eggs in half langth wise and scoop out the yoke
- Mix yoke with avacado and seasonings
- Scoop back into the emptey egg
- Sprinkle with garnish. I prefer pepreka.
More Healthy Party Food To Try
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mashed avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dill weed, to taste
- Paprika, for garnish
- Slice hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolk from whites and set in a bowl.
- Add avocado, mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper and dill weed.
- Mix together until creamy.
- Spoon or pipe filling into empty whites. Garnish with paprika.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 egg or 2 halves
Protein: 6 gram(s)
Fat: 6 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 1 gram(s)
Sugar: 1 gram(s)
Recipe Cuisine: American
From the kitchen of: Team Get Healthy U