Recipe: Grinch Punch Recipe
This Grinch Punch recipe is a favorite holiday cocktail year after year! Your guests will love this playful cocktail, and you will love how simple this recipe is to make. You can serve these in a short rocks glass or a tall champagne flute.
How To Make Grinch Punch
You can make this grinch punch recipe two ways: as an individual drink or in a punch bowl.
I usually choose to make this drink in a large punch bowl if I’m having a bigger party so that people can serve themselves.
To do this, combine the entire bottle of Champagne and three bottles of sparkling orange juice. Just before the party, I scoop several balls of sorbet in the bowl.
I would also recommend making an old-school ring of ice for your punch bowl. It’s a bit retro, but so is serving punch! A ring of ice is gorgeous and helps keep your punch cold.
I make the ring of ice by slicing limes and line the bottom of a circle jello mold. Add just enough water to cover the limes and freeze for 2 hours. Then, fill the rest of the mold with water and freeze again. Tip: Make sure you choose a mold that fits inside your punch bowl.
Before serving, put the ice mold in a quick warm water bath- Just long enough to loosen the ice from the mold. Place in the punch bowl to float, lime side up!
If I’m only serving a few people, I will make the grinch punch in individual glasses.
First, dust the rim with sugar. Do this by dipping the rim of each glass into a shallow bowl of warm water, just enough to wet the rim of the glass. Dip the wet rim into another shallow bowl of sugar.
Then, add two tablespoons of lime sherbet (sub with sorbet if dairy-free) to the bottom of each glass.
Last, add equal parts of Champagne and sparkling orange soda.
Garnish with a slice of lime and serve!
Grinch Punch Ingredients
This recipe for Grinch Punch has just four easy ingredients.
- Lime Sherbet: the ‘grinch green’ comes from a container of lime sherbet. I use a 1.5 quart container of lime sherbet but you can increase or decrease the quantity based on how many you’re serving and how much lime flavor you like. I’ve never had a hard time finding this at the grocery store but if you are, this is a yummy recipe for homemade lime sherbet to make your own.
- Prosecco or Champagne: both of these sparkeling wines yield a delicious result! You don’t have choose an expensive one since your mixing it. Use whatever you have on hand.
- Sparkeling orange juice. I use Izze’s Sparkling Clementine Juice because I love the clementine flavor but you can use whatever brand you want. The orange flavor is a perfect, sweet balance to the lime flavors.
- Fresh Lime: finish it off with a fresh lime garnish for a simple and beautiful presentation.
Can I Make Grinch Punch Without Alcohol?
It’s easy to change this Grinch Punch recipe into an alcohol-free drink! If you’re serving it up for the kiddos at the party or would just like an alcohol-free version for adults, substitute the prosecco/champagne for plain sparkling water.
Other Holiday Cocktail Recipes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 1 container lime sherbert
- 1 bottle of champagne or prosecco
- 3 bottles of Izzes Clementine Sparkling Soda
- 1 fresh lime for garnish
- To dust the rim of your glass just wet the rim of the glass with water and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lime sherbet (sub with sorbet if dairy free) to each glass.
- Add equal parts of Champagne and Izzes Clementine soda.
- Squeeze 1 wedge of lime into your drink and use another wedge for garnish.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 glass
Carbohydrates: 23 gram(s)
Sugar: 19 gram(s)
Recipe Cuisine: American
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U