Recipe: Christmas Sangria
No Christmas party is complete without a festive holiday drink. This delicious Christmas Sangria recipe is easy to make, and tastes incredible! I love that I can make this ahead of time so that I can focus on setting up the rest of my party. This Christmas cocktail is so pretty and I promise it tastes as good as it looks!
How To Make Christmas Sangria
I make my Christmas sangria with white wine as opposed to red. It’s crisp and sweet and I love that it’s appropriate to serve at brunch as well as in the evening. You can use an inexpensive bottle of Pinot Grigio. Then, infuse it with fresh apples, rosemary, and cranberries for a holiday flavored Sangria that looks and tastes amazing!
I suggest that you make this at least 4 hours ahead of time and chill before serving. The longer you let everything marinate together, the more festive flavors really come through. You can make this up to 24 hours ahead of time.
What Pairs With Christmas Sangria
Because this is a sweet drink, your Christmas sangria won’t pair well with other overly sweet dishes. Instead serve them with savory, spicy, and seafood. Here are my top pairing suggestions:
- Cheese Plate
- Crispy Cauliflower Bites with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts & Kale Salad with Apples, Gorgonzola & Candied Pecans
- Teriyaki Salmon Salad
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 5 serving(s)
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio (we used the Barefoot brand)
- 1/4 cup of apple cider
- 6 whole cranberries
- 6 cranberries cut in half
- 1/2 a golden delicious apple cut into chunks
- 8 sprigs of Rosemary
- Cut 6 cranberries in half, and chop 1/2 half of a golden delicious apple into chunks.
- Pour Pinot Grigio into a pitcher or your desired serving container, and add in all the cranberries, rosemary, and apple.
- Let the Sangria chill for at least four hours before serving, and garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh Rosemary.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 glass
Carbohydrates: 10 gram(s)
Sugar: 6 gram(s)
Recipe Cuisine: American
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U