Recipe: Teriyaki Salmon Salad
This Teriyaki Salmon Salad is a tasty and healthy meal that is a snap to make! Tender Salmon Fillets make this salad hearty and full of delicious protein! The Teriyaki dressing has a zesty Asian flavor that I always make double of and save for later in the fridge. Salmon is a flaky fish that is low-fat, and a great source of essential omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids are essential to heart health and have wonderful anti-aging benefits. So whip up this delicious, nutrient-packed salad for a healthy homemade meal!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (9-oz) package chopped lettuce mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 (4-oz) salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toast sliced almonds by arranging on a sheet pan and baking 6-8 minutes, just until they smell fragrant. Let cool.
- Divide lettuce, carrots, green onions and toasted almonds evenly between 4 large salad bowls.
- In a mixing bowl , whisk together rice wine vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and olive oil to create a dressing.
- Preheat broiler to High. Season salmon with a generous amount of salt and pepper and place on a broiler pan or heavy sheet pan. Place on the second oven rack from the broiler and cook 8-10 minutes or until flaky.
- Place one cooked salmon fillet atop each salad and serve drizzled with the dressing
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 28 gram(s)
Fat: 33 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 11 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U