Recipe: Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes
This healthy pumpkin pancake recipe is a family favorite- especially in the Fall! By using pumpkin to replace most of the oil you save tons of fat and calories creating a scrumptious low-fat recipe that’s complete in only 15 minutes! The pumpkin adds a nice rich slightly nutty flavor to this vegan recipe. The pumpkin is rich in beta-carotene, and keeps these cakes light and fluffy! A healthy and tasty way to start the day these delicious cakes will fill you up, and give you energy.
Total Time:13 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or any flour you have)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar (If you don't have agave, use real sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add to dry ingredients to the agave nectar, almond milk, pumpkin and olive oil.
- Mix until just combined.
- Coat a nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, cook pancakes until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes. Turnover and cook until light brown, about 2 minutes longer.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 5 gram(s)
Fat: 4 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 20 gram(s)
Fiber: 1 gram(s)
Sugar: 1 gram(s)
*Add Cinnamon chips or walnuts for a decadent treat!
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U