Recipe: Lighter Cobb Salad
I love a good cobb salad. It’s always been one of my favorites when I go out to eat, but this version is lighter and filled with fresh veggies! The edamame, avocado, and turkey bacon offer tons of protein, but you could always add shrimp or chicken on top as well.
This is the perfect light dinner, or healthy lunch. If you prepare the bacon ahead of time this really recipe is a snap to assemble and looks fantastic.
Don’t limit yourself to these veggies, you can add beets, nuts or whatever you enjoy! I came up with this Dijon vinaigrette by experimenting a ton.. it’s zesty and delicious!
Total Time:35 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 1 head romaine or leafy green lettuce, washed and cut
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup edamame cooked
- 2 slices of peppered turkey bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill (dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooked chicken or hard boiled eggs for additional protein
- Layer shredded lettuce on the bottom and sprinkle turkey bacon on top.
- Start left to right and assemble the salad row by row beginning with the cucumbers.
- Dress each salad with 2 tablespoons of zesty vinaigrette dressing and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 18 gram(s)
Fat: 20 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 28 gram(s)
Fiber: 11 gram(s)
Sugar: 8 gram(s)
Each salad has 2 tablespoons of dressing included in the nutritional information.
*If you prepare the turkey bacon ahead of time this salad takes about 20 minutes.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U