Recipe: Low-Calorie Shrimp Alfredo
We all love a big bowl of pasta, but hate that heavy lethargic feeling afterward. This low-calorie shrimp Alfredo recipe is a low-fat version of classic Alfredo sauce served over a bed of zucchini noodles topped with a hearty serving of delicious shrimp. This may change the way you think of pasta! A delicious and healthy meal that takes under 30 minutes to make.
Total Time:25 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons flour (this is to thicken sauce and is optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 3/4 cups fresh grated parmesan cheese (reserve 4 tablespoons to top each serving with)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 spray of coconut oil spray or non-stick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (table salt is fine if you don't have kosher salt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 medium zucchinis, peeled & julienned or spiralized into noodles
- 1 lb medium sized peeled and devined shrimp
- In a sauce pan, heat butter on low until melted, add garlic, and cook 2 minutes so garlic flavors the butter.
- Add in milk, and while whisking the sauce slowly add flour to thicken your sauce.
- Add in lemon juice, lemon zest, cream cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese (reserving 4 tablespoons) and whisk until everything is melted.
- Keep sauce warm while starting the noodles and shrimp. In medium sized pan, use 1 spray of coconut oil or non-stick spray and add in shrimp cooking for 2 minutes then add in zucchini noodles, and cook 3-5 more minutes until zucchini it hot and shrimp are cooked.
- Add low-fat Alfredo sauce to zucchini noodles and shrimp and let cook together 2 minutes. Plate evenly into 4 servings and garnish with additional parmesan cheese and parsley!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 36 gram(s)
Fat: 18 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 20 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)
Sugar: 12 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Team Get Healthy U