Recipe: Low-Fat Scalloped Potatoes
Side Dish Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
These low-fat scalloped potatoes bake up in a thick, creamy, Parmesan cheese sauce while still managing to come in at 3 grams of fat per serving with 4 grams of fiber. Warm, cheesy goodness everyone will enjoy! A great side dish to any holiday meal or dinner. You won’t miss any flavor in this low-fat recipe.
Total Time: 90 minutes
- 4 potatoes, thinly sliced
- Olive oil (to coat pan)
- 5 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 oz) can of fat free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and coat baking dish with olive oil.
- Place sliced potatoes in the baking dish, sprinkle with the green onions between layers of the potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour over top of the potatoes in the baking dish. Shake dish gently to help liquid settle.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 50 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender with a fork. Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 6
Protein: 9 gram(s)
Fat: 3 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 33 gram(s)
Fiber: 4 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Judith Marsh on August 17, 2020 at 10:07 PM