Recipe: Pumpkin Mousse
This pumpkin mousse is a great protein-packed dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth. If you love pumpkin pie and cheesecake, and this dessert will cover your cravings for both! I’ve made this as an afterschool snack for my kids and continued to make it for myself because it’s just so good!
The Secret Ingredients
- Cottage cheese. That’s right! Cottage cheese is the secret ingredient that makes this dessert super creamy and rich.
- Vanilla protein powder. Protein is such a powerful macronutrient that helps your body build muscle and recover after a workout. It can also aid in weight loss and balancing hormones. So whether you’re trying to sneak it into your kid’s diet or your own, this is a very fun place to do it!
What to Dip in The Pumpkin Mousse
My personal favorite is Simple Mills Cinnamon Graham Thins. These are so tasty and decadent but made with simple ingredients! They are also gluten, grain, corn, and dairy-free.
That said, you can always use your own favorite graham cracker to dip in this sweet treat!
How to Make Pumpkin Mousse
- Measure out your ingredients: cottage cheese, protein powder, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice blend, cinnamon, and stevia.
- Place everything in a blender or small food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until chilled. The pumpkin mousses will continue to get thicker in the fridge.
- Optional: top with light whipped cream or dairy-free coconut whipped cream. I typically only do this if I’m serving it as formal dessert to guests.
- Dip and enjoy! I recommend using graham crackers or ginger snaps. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I’d love to know in the comments below!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”LBXdnMZp” upload-date=”2021-09-30T15:31:46.000Z” name=”How to Make Pumpkin Mousse (The BEST Pumpkin Recipe of All Time) (1)” description=”This pumpkin mousse is a great protein-packed dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth.” player-type=”static”]
Other Healthy Desserts To Try
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (or unflavored protein powder)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 packets stevia, to taste
- Place everything in a blender, or small food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or cover and place in refrigerator until chilled - it gets thicker in the refrigerator.
- Top with light whipped cream (or dairy-free coconut whipped cream) and/or dip with a graham crackers or ginger snaps.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 4
83 calories, 11 grams protein, 1 gram fat, 3 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 3 grams sugar
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U