Recipe: Low-Cal Southwestern Chicken Soup
This low-cal Southwestern chicken soup recipe is so easy to make and a great way to sneak in veggies and fiber. This healthy gluten-free, dairy-free recipe has a little kick and is packed with Southwestern flavors. You can always leave out the chicken if you want a vegetarian version. Everyone loves this soup when I make it and I like that even the leftovers get eaten! Great for a football party or festive holiday get together with friends or family.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 5 serving(s)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- Shredded rotisserie chicken (optional)
- Optional Toppings
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced jalapeño
- Mix garlic and spices with 1/4 cup broth and bring to medium heat on the stove.
- Add the rest of the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir and bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with toppings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 13 gram(s)
Fat: 1 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 34 gram(s)
Fiber: 15 gram(s)
Sugar: 7 gram(s)
Sodium: 436 milligram(s)
Recipe Cuisine: American
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U