Recipe: Sassy Skinny Margarita
I love a good margarita, but if you plan on ordering one at a restaurant, you might need to squeeze in an extra workout! The super-sized frozen margaritas commonly served at Mexican restaurants are typically well over 700 calories. This easy recipe my husband and I came up with has only six simple ingredients and is a snap to make. Now, whip up a batch of our Guacamole and throw a fiesta already!
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1 cup triple sec
- Juice from 6 limes
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon stevia to make simple syrup, and add syrup to taste (Simple syrup is stevia with hot water)
- Margarita salt for the rim of glasses
- Tequila (we use 1 cup for this recipe, but add what you prefer)
- Juice limes, lemons, and add in triple sec and tequila to a pitcher.
- Make your simple syrup by mixing Truvia sweetner with a little hot water in a small bowl, and then add your simple syrup to margaritas to taste. Mix margaritas well.
- Rim 4 glasses with salt and pour the skinny margarita over ice.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and lemon on each glass.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 4
356 calories, 0 grams protein, 0 grams fat, 25 grams carbs, 0 grams fiber, 22 grams sugar
*2 ounces of tequila was calculated into this recipe per serving. There are approximately 69 calories per ounce of tequila.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U