Recipe: Apple, Cheese and Chive Salad
One of our team members created this recipe after ordering something similar at a local restaurant. The crunchy apples, sharp cheeses and spicy chives are such a delicious and unique combination. We’ve served it to guests and everyone just raves about how flavorful it is. Using super simple ingredients, it’s easy to make and super healthy too! We recommend preparing it right before serving or at most keeping it a few hours in a fridge to keep the apple nice and fresh.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
- 2 honeycrisp apples, cut thinly into matchsticks
- 2 granny smith apples, cut thinly into matchsticks
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 7 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese, cut thinly into matchsticks (we use Dubliner for rich flavor)
- 4 oz. swiss cheese, cut thinly into matchsticks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons chives, chopped (depending on how much
- Combine chopped apples and lemon juice in a bowl and mix together to prevent browning.
- Then add all other ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours until serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 10 gram(s)
Fat: 17 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 12 gram(s)
Fiber: 2 gram(s)
Sugar: 8 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U